With increasing government and industry-specific regulations surrounding the privacy, accessibility, and retention of information, new challenges for backup and recovery processes must be addressed. Beyond offering automated, cost effective backup and recovery solutions we have a full suite of offerings that specifically address the multitude of compliance requirements being presented to businesses of all types.
UbiStor provides organizations the confidence of knowing that critical information is securely stored for as long as necessary, yet quickly accessible when needed. For more information on specific regulatory compliance issues, please visit the following sections:
HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
Sarbanes-Oxley – The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002
SEC / NASD – Securities and Exchange Commission / National Association of Securities Dealers
SSAE 16 (SOC 2 - Type 2) – Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16
Gramm-Leach-Biley Act (GLBA) of 1999
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Satisfying Compliance Issues with UbiStor Solutions
- Backup and recovery automation eliminates human manual intervention
- Manual intervention inherent with tape-based backup is not compliant with the privacy rules for HIPAA and GLBA
- Backup Data is transferred off-site instantaneously and automatically without human intervention. Data is encrypted during transfer whether backing up or restoring and is stored in an encrypted state.
- Ensuring data gets off-site and can be a manual and unsecured process causing exposures with all privacy and related compliance requirements.
- Entire data backup and restore process is managed from a central point to ensure efficient response to auditor inquiries.
- With increased compliance auditing activity, tape-based backup across distributed environments frequently contribute to inefficiencies and difficulties in providing timely records to auditing teams.
- Archiving email records in a certified, unaltered state will ensure you are able to address any legal eDiscovery requests in a painless, efficient manner
Data Center Infrastructure
Mission-critical Internet operations require the highest standards of quality, security and reliability.